Thursday, August 30, 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Laura Wright LaRoche


Name: Laura Wright LaRoche

Book: Black Woods & Two Sisters: prattle tales of playful girls

Genre: Suspense / Humor


1. Tell us about yourself. Where are you from and what do you do (besides writing)?

I'm from Indiana, a simple farm girl.

I love to do so many things besides writing. I'm a photographer and artist, I work with multiple mediums. I also carve rocks, make jewelry, crochet amigurumi animals, design book covers, love fishing and boating. The one thing I am very competitive and avid in is, morel mushroom hunting. When late March rolls in I head out. I stay in the woods up to 8-10 hours a day for the next six weeks. Rarely do I do anything else during this season.

2. Tell us about your book. What is it about?

My book, Black Woods, is about two elderly women who love to mushroom hunt and volunteer for the local search and rescue. Four young men decide to go turkey hunting in an area known to the locals as, black woods. Their lives collide when the young men go into the woods and become lost. The hunt is on for the women to find the boys before the dangerous creature which lives in the woods does. 
<!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !vml]-->
<!--[endif]-->

My book, Two Sisters: prattle tales of playful girls, is based on the personalities of two of my great-nieces. Although they haven't done the stories I write of, they have the capabilities to do so. This book contains a collection of ten humorous, and sometimes bratty stories of two sisters. They will take you on several adventures as they argue, play, fight, and chase one another. There is no golden rule to this book, it is solely for entertainment.   
3. What inspired you to write it?
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
My inspiration for both books was my family and the things I love.

4. What do you think is the greatest challenge about being an independent author?

Time! There is never enough time to do it all. Between advertising, writing, social media, publicity, work, and family. The days need to be 28 hours long.


5. What advice would you give to aspiring indie authors?
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
Write what you love and know about. Then throw in some fiction.
Make online author friends, their friendship will be more valuable then you might think.
6. What have you done to promote your book?

I've not done much in the promotional department yet. I basically do online promotion only, through twitter and facebook.


7. What do you enjoy most about writing?

The freedom to create something that is completely your own work.


8. What do enjoy least about writing?

Editing! I hate editing a book. But as an indie author that comes with it. After I do what I can, I send it to my editor.


9. What authors have inspired your writing?

Michael Koryta, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, and Miriam Young.


10. Anything specific you want the readers to know about you and/or your book?

I would just like to say to the thousands of readers who have downloaded my books, Thank You!
My web site is www.LLPix.com Stop by and take a look around.
  
Thank you,
Laura Wright LaRoche

“In a world of words anything is possible.” - Laura Wright LaRoche

Click the links below to contact me.
<!--[if !vml]-->
<!--[endif]-->



No comments:

Post a Comment