Wednesday, January 30, 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Hunter S. Jones


Name: Hunter S. Jones

Book:  Fables of the Reconstruction

Genre: Paranormal erotica


1.  Tell us about yourself.  Where are you from and what do you do (besides writing)?
I am a lifelong writer. I regularly contribute articles to fashion and rock and roll publications, both in print and online. However, you will often find me writing articles for newspapers and quarterly professional publications. My interests are varied… travel, wines, history, the occult, and psychology. My passions are rock and roll and history, especially the history of sex.

2.  Tell us about your book.  What is it about?
Fables of the Reconstruction is about  Pomba Gira Mysticism, Creole Voodoo. The seeds of the zombie apocalypse. Sex, drugs, magick. Paranormal erotica.

Meet Pierre von Minzle and Mary Moore. They are the Adam and Lilith, definitely not Adam and Eve, of today's zombie apocalypse. Fables of the Reconstruction is a playful yet graphic sexual adventure consisting of what might have been, combined with what possibly might be happening now. It contains Pomba Gira mysticism, Creole voodoo and the seeds of the zombie apocalypse set in Victorian London's notorious Whitechapel District. Sex, magick , zombies. This ain't your daddy's shotgun zombie story. Mature content warning.

ASIN: B009SCXVMK

Art and layout design by Robin Ludwig.

Release date November 2, 2012, the Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos as it is known in Mexico, Central and South America and many Caribbean Islands.

3.  What inspired you to write it?
Thank you for asking Richard. I had a serious accident that required surgery a few months ago. I have been confined to my home the last few months. Having time on my hands led to reading and research. The original zombie stories of Creole and Haitian Voodoo appealed to me because of the undead aspect. Since I've been confined, I could understand the dead, but not alive stories. Take some reasearh, reading a few dreams and next thing you know, you've written a book.

4.  What do you think is the greatest challenge about being an independent author?
The biggest challenge so far has been finding someone to be straight up and say 'hey, this part just sucks', or 'add more of this to the story'. Most people in indie publishing are so nice they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

5.  What advice would you give to aspiring indie authors?
Do what you want to do. Write the story that you have inside you.

6.  What have you done to promote your book?
I've done a great deal of social media promotion. I'm involved with a group called Author's Social Media Support Group (ASMSG). We avidly support promote our members, no matter which writing or artistic genre. I have done many interviews, too. The outpouring of support within the indie network is amazing.

7.  What do you enjoy most about writing?
I love the feeling of creativity writing brings. Developing characters is a beautiful thing!

8.  What do enjoy least about writing?
Editing. I truly dislike editing or anything tedious.

9.  What authors have inspired your writing?
There are so many authors that I enjoy and idolize. Poe, Anne Rice, Erica Jong are clasic favs. So is William S. Burroughs. This list of mine is ever changing and ever growing!

10.  Anything specific you want the readers to know about you and/or your book?
Fables of the Reconstruction is my first book. It is intended to entertain. I hope the readers have half as much fun reading it as I had writing it!

A special thank you for speaking with me today!


Follow her on Twitter

Like her on Facebook

Visit her Blog

Email:  huntersjones1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment