Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Update on Book Three in the New America Series

Book three in the New America Series is entitled "Redemption."  My original plan was to have it released this summer in either July or August.  Well dear fans, that's not going to happen I'm afraid to say.  I had to make a very hard choice and scrap all the work I had done thus far and start from scratch.  The more I worked on it the less I wanted to write it.  It felt like a chore and any writer will tell you that something is very wrong when the joy and excitement is taken out of the writing process.

Once I took a step back and really thought about what I didn't like about the book I was reminded of a very simple fact - I created this dystopian world, I make all the rules and I can do what I want.  That's one of the perks of being a writer.  I stripped away everything in the story that was weighing it down for me and finally, inspiration struck me like a lightning bolt.

I know it was the right decision to make because the spark that was missing is there again.  I'm truly excited for what's in store.

My goal is to have "Redemption" released in the fall.  I promise you, it will be worth the wait.  ;)


5 comments:

  1. My husband and I eagerly await its release! We enjoyed the first two a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your spark again. We are anxiously awaiting your next book. I will keep looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait foe the next book please hurry

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two were so gripping that I can hardly wait for # 3!

    ReplyDelete